Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Epiphany

So, I am a little frustrated because I haven't found anyone to internship with! None of the people I've contacted  have replied to me and Rachel Brenner mentioned that she knew a photographer and she contacted him but he declined the offer. So I guess I'll just keep sending out my cover letter and resume and portfolio. But, last week during break, I did a photo shoot with Marina Castiglione at Anglefly Preserves and I had an artistic epiphany; while I was photographing her, I realized  that I was focusing a lot on the angle of the shots and trying to capture a cinematographic/ film feel to create a strong narrative. That inspired me to think of pursuing to make an actual small film for WISE, but the only problem is that I have absolutely no knowledge on how to create or edit movies. The only advantage I have is being a photographer, thus I have a strong perspective. But I would have to learn how to use the movie editing software and how to weave it all together, along with incorporating music and sound. If I really am not able to find an internship, this would definitely be a project I would pursue. I have several perspectives and ideas concerning a movie, but even before that I need to learn how to work the program, which I luckily already have because I have a Macbook Pro! I'm going to ask my boyfriend to help me because he was a film major in college, so I'm sure he has a lot of valuable input, and he is now studying music and audio engineering so he would be a great help. BUT! This is only an alternative if I honestly cannot find ANYONE how would take me under their wing. I'll definitely keep looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment